I Am a Writer
Well, I’ve gone and done it…I’ve signed up for National Novel Writing Month! I’m still scratching my head wondering what the hell I was thinking, but here are some of my reasons for doing it this year:
1. I’ve always wanted to write a novel. (Mind you, I’ve never written anything fiction – always business writing or real-life accounts of events – so this is going to be a challenge!)
2. I’ve wanted to sign up for NaNoWriMo every year since it started, but my job always got in the way. (Now that I don’t have a day-job so to speak, that’s not really an excuse anymore, now is it?!)
3. I love reading fiction – it’s a great escape and sparks my creativity. I’d certainly like to do that for someone else with my writing.
4. It’s a pretty audacious goal – 50,000 words in 30 days (eek!) – the mere act of reaching that word count will be a great accomplishment.
5. I don’t have enough going on in my life (HA!), so I thought I’d give this a shot.
SO. I’m super excited, a little bit nervous, and still haven’t figured out the whole premise of my novel. Fingers crossed that I’ll figure that out soon… Wish me luck!